As part of his lengthy road to retirement, Openly gay singer Elton John is releasing two tribute albums. One, titled “Revamp”, will feature pop, rock and urban artists reinterpreting his hits, while the other, “Restoration”, takes listeners to the South with renditions from country stars.
The lineup for both albums is fantastic. It runs the spectrum of new artists to legends. The covers are made by major artists like Florence + The Machine, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Little Big Town, Dolly Parton and Mary J. Blige.
On April the 6th tribute albums Revamp and Restoration will be available to the public, just a few days before CBS airs the star-studded special, Elton John: I’m Still Standing — A Grammy Salute on Tuesday, April 10.
The 70-years-old Elton tells: “It’s always a huge compliment when an artist loves your song enough to take the time and effort to rework it. As songwriters, Bernie and myself are thrilled when singers we admire and respect as much as those on Revamp & Restoration choose to add their own unique twist in the process. It means that our music is still relevant and ultimately that our songs continue to reach new audiences. We’re humbled and thank them all for their generosity.”
A BITE OUT OF OUR PINK WORLD www.pinkinourlives.com
Check out the full track list for each LP:
- “Bennie and the Jets” – Elton John, P!nk, Logic
- “We All Fall in Love Sometimes” – Coldplay
- “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” – Alessia Cara
- “Candle in the Wind” – Ed Sheeran
- “Tiny Dancer” – Florence And The Machine
- “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” – Mumford and Sons
- “Sorry Seems to be The Hardest Word” – Mary J. Blige
- “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Q Tip feat. Demi Lovato
- “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” – The Killers
- “Daniel” – Sam Smith
- “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – Miley Cyrus
- “Your Song” – Lady Gaga
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Queens of the Stone Age
- “Rocket Man” – Little Big Town
- “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” – Maren Morris
- “Sacrifice” – Don Henley and Vince Gill
- “Take Me to the Pilot” – Brothers Osborne
- “My Father’s Gun” – Miranda Lambert
- “I Want Love” – Chris Stapleton
- “Honky Cat” – Lee Ann Womack
- “Roy Rogers” – Kacey Musgraves
- “Please” – Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton
- “The Bitch Is Back” – Miley Cyrus
- “Sad Songs (Say So Much)” – Dierks Bentley
- “This Train Don’t Stop” – Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris
- “Border Song” – Willie Nelson
Which album will you buy, or maybe both? And which cover song would you love from this legendary artist?
Fill out your email address at www.pinkinourlives.com for more updates, news, stories, parties and more!!! DON’T SAY IT, BUT SPRAY IT!!!
Lesley Middleton, owner of PINK IN OUR LIVES