On a really sunny and hot day in the beautiful “Port Of Antwerp” in the harbor the Press Conference for the 11th edition of Antwerp Pride was held in July. This edition has the theme and name called “IDENTITY”
Identity is who we are as human beings, our own identity. It can lead to diversity and togetherness. Together with people who have the same interests or preference. But u can also show who u wanna be, how u wanna feel and how u want to express yourself. Finding your soulmates with or without placing yourself in a certain box in society. 📦
In Antwerp u can be yourself more and more and we are still not there yet completely, but it is more worse in other countries and cities. To make a statement and being a very appropriate theme these days was chosen IDENTITY the theme for this edition of the Pride. BUT…..there is an extra layer this year because of the 150th anniversary of BAROK this year will mostly all of the Trucks at the Antwerp Pride Parade involve the theme Barok in their dressing up. And probably knowing our LGBTI community they will go with this over the top this upcoming Saturday.
Here are some highlights and the rest will be featured soon on our own website and Facebook Page and off course you can read everything at www.antwerppride.com:
- Openings Reception at new Diamant museum called “DIVA” (what better place can u find to start with a name like that)
- Queer Arts Festival Antwerp almost two weeks with many art all over Antwerp, performance of black gay rapper Le1f, Light Asylum, movies, expositions and many more. What is a Pride without our LGBTI culture?!🎬🎼
- For the first time PrideGames on the 10th of August 🏅🎽
- Pride Parade with more than 75000!!! participants and after huge success for the second time back “Love United Festival” ❤️🏳️🌈
- PRIDENIGHT where several clubs work together to make it one big party through the city with a big guest performance of Eurovision winner 2018 NETTA! 🎤🎉
- Closing Festival; and this time not at the Big Market, but at “Steenplein” with their own Rainbow Village and many live performing artists 🌈
There are more parties and activities; but look it up on the website and mark your calendar!!! 📆
The city will be colored with the colors of the Rainbow Flag again by crossroads, flags, tunnels, buildings and much more. But the big reveal today was that on Friday and Saturday a BIG laser made rainbow (developed by American Yvette Mattern) will shine in the air above the waterside, where the Love United Festival will take place!!!
This edition will be again one not to miss, so put it in your agenda that from the 8th till the 12th of August you have to visit Antwerp Pride and celebrate love, diversity and identity. See you all there and don’t forget to download your Antwerp Pride app on your phone 📱
Fill out your email address at www.pinkinourlives.com for more updates, news, stories, parties and more!!! DON’T SAY IT, BUT SPRAY IT!!!
Lesley Middleton, owner of PINK IN OUR LIVES